- The median BG before exercising was 133.6 mg/dL
- The median BG after exercising was 111.6 mg/dL
- The median BG before exercising was 129 mg/dL
- The median BG after exercising was 110 mg/dL
“I showed [the video] to my daughter… and she was thrilled. She was so excited to see people just like her doing so many amazing things and when I explained that it was to help other people that didn’t have the same support she did, she wanted to watch it over and over again. Thank you for simplify the message that anything is still possible, because when you are 6 I think seeing is believe.”
“So many people think diabetes as ‘sad’ because of the need for shots and finger pricks. But for all too many, it is a death sentence as they can’t afford the life saving drug called insulin. We have the power to change that reality.”
I want to make sure to thank a few people by name before wrapping up this post about Big Blue Test 2010:
- David Edelman from DiabetesDaily.com, Riva Greenberg from DiabetesStories.com and Boudewijn Bertsch: for being such amazing production partners.
- Sean Ross: for working his MAGIC directing, shooting, editing and motion designing the video.
- Andreina Davila, from Diabetes Hands Foundation: for her acute eye and opportune feedback that shaped the creative direction of the video.
- Rob Muller (Social Media Consultant at Roche) and Todd Siesky (PR Manager at Roche): for championing the project from the beginning at Roche.