Today, after a conference call I was left scratching my head wondering how could someone else’s video (not one of your own uploaded videos) be featured on your YouTube channel. What to do? I turned to Twitter’s collective knowledge and within a couple of hours someone sent me a screenshot with the explanation.
Here is the list of steps, indicated on the following screenshot (click on it for a large version):
(1) Click on the edit link at the top of your YouTube channel.
(2) Select “Other” in the Featured Video dropdown menu.
(3) Paste the URL of the video you want to feature.
(4) Click the Save Changes button and voila!
After I saw the video of Michael Jackson’s daughter crying at his memorial today, I saw this:
What is wrong with this picture? At least a couple things!
1) From a human standpoint, I find it pretty insulting how commercialized things have become around MJ after his death. There are not 2 but 3 ads appearing in the end frame for this video of his daughter crying her dad’s death…
2) You can’t get rid of the ads to be able to click on the video that is sitting directly behind them. So, they are killing the user experience to make a buck, basically. Reminds me of the popups of the early days…